send to a friend by email
· Regional representatives attended the meeting hosted by the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange · Discussions centered on implementing a Society ‘Code of Best Practice’
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 28th November 2012: Senior representatives of the Middle East Investor Relations Society (ME-IR Society) from across the region, including Ms Fida Musleh Azar, Head of the ME-IR Society Palestine Chapter, have gathered for the first time, in Abu Dhabi, to discuss the implementation of a framework for investor relations best practices. The meeting was hosted by the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX), at the Park Hyatt Hotel, Saadiyat Island, where representatives gathered from Qatar, Kuwait, Palestine, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Iraq. The aim of the meeting was to discuss implementation of a Society ‘Code of Best Practice’ which will be presented at the ME-IR Society Annual Awards Conference on November 29th. Ms Musleh Azar commented: “We very pleased to be part of this meeting where Chapter Heads and representatives from other markets are convening for the first time. The purpose of these meetings is to connect Middle Eastern markets under the umbrella of IR and to promote cooperation and the sharing of ideas. We look forward to regularly participating in these meetings which will be held on a bi-annual basis, and look forward to continued development of the IR practice in the region and among our Palestinian member companies.”Mr Saif Al Mansouri, Head of the Listed Companies department at the ADX and Head of the Abu Dhabi Chapter of the ME-IR Society said: “Abu Dhabi is proud to host the first meeting of ME-IR Society representatives from around the Middle East and we are fully committed to increasing co-operation between markets towards the enhancement of investor relations practices and capabilities, further strengthening the level of local and international investor interest in the region’s capital markets.”
The ME-IR Society Country Representatives present at the meeting included:
- Mr Saif Al Mansouri, Head of the Listed Companies Department at the ADX and Abu Dhabi Chapter Head
- Mrs Fahima Al Bastaki, Senior VP of Business Development Division at Dubai Financial Market and Head of the Dubai Chapter
- Mr Colin Milton, Deputy Head of Listings at the Qatar Exchange and Founding Member of the Qatar Chapter
- Mr Mohammed Abdal, IR Director at Zain Group and Head of the Kuwait Chapter
- Mr Ahmed Al Humaidi, IR Manager at Nawras and Head of the Oman Chapter
- Ms Fida Musleh Azar, Public Relations and Investor Education Manager at the Palestine Exchange, and Head of the Palestine Chapter
Also present at the meeting were Ashraf Kamal, Chairman of Egyptian Investor Relations Association (EIRA), Paul Gay, Chief Financial Officer at Almarai, Sana Sabra, Head of IR at Bank Audi in Lebanon, Saif Altimen, IRO at Zain Iraq, representing markets where Country Chapters are expected to launch in the coming year.
ABOUT THE ME-IR SOCIETY
The Middle East Investor Relations Society, established in 2008, is an independent, not-for-profit organization with membership open to all IR, financial communications, and capital markets professionals throughout the Middle East region. The ME-IR Society is a platform for the sharing of best IR practices between IR professionals who are focused on providing clear, consistent and timely information to the regional and international investment community.The Society’s objectives are to promote excellence in investor relations through executive training, professional qualifications, seminars and network events, working in partnership with stock exchanges, regulatory bodies and market professionals in the region.